Any cancellation should be communicated (by fax or mail) by 1pm, 2 working days (Saturday & Sunday are not working days) prior to the arrival date. These cancellations are free of charge.
No shows and late cancellations are charged at 100 % of the total stay. Your credit card will be charged today for the bed & breakfast costs
SPECIAL CONDITIONS (non refundable)
If you have made a non refundable reservation, any cancellation or changes will incur 100% payment fee.
Your reservation is non amendable, non cancellable, non refundable
Your credit card will be charged today for the bed & breakfast costs
SPECIAL CONDITIONS (groups*/ block booking)
Your group booking conditions will be confirmed by email direct from the Reservations Department
(*) groups = Every booking of 3 or more rooms
By making a reservation with the Leopold Hotel Brussels EU you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Making a Hotel Room Reservation
• A reservation is made when you receive a written confirmation from the hotel with a Reservation Number
• A credit/debit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. This card will need to be shown at check-in
• Bookings will be charged at the time of booking. If this is on a non-refundable reservation the card will be debited immediately
• Reservations made by internet and/or email will require a valid credit card. You will be required to input your card details through an online platform and verify that you authorise the use of your card. The hotel will require the 1st night or more nights to be paid in advance at the time of reservation. Full payment will always be taken if it is a non-refundable reservation
• If the booking is a refundable one you may cancel at any time permitted on the specific booking but in all cases this will be more than 48 hours before the day of arrival. The hotel will refund any due amounts as quickly as possible to the same card number you have used. There may be an administrative charge for any fees that credit card companies, or other 3rd parties may charge.
Reservations made offline (by email or 'phone) will incur a booking charge from 2%-7%. You will be advised of the amount at the time of confirmation
• Should you wish to make any changes to your reservation once confirmation has been sent by the hotel, a minimum 15€ amendment fee plus any difference in price for the new reservation, may be charged
• No refund of any kind will be given for a non-refundable booking
• No refund will be given for any reservation cancelled later than 48 hours before arrival
• No refund will be given for any early check-out, unless there is a reservation for a period of more than 48 hours in the future
• Special conditions apply to group reservations. These are clearly laid out on your offer and confirmation documents and supersede any general Terms & Conditions in this document
Making a Restaurant Table Reservation
• On specific days of the year, such as (but not exclusive to), Valentines period, Easter, Christmas, New Year period, a special fixed menu is proposed with the below conditions
• This fixed menu requires a table with a specific number of guests to be pre-booked
• You will be required to give a credit card as a guarantee of your reservation
• A reservation exists when we have replied with an affirmative to your table request and you have confirmed it back to us giving your credit card details
• In case of no show or late cancellation (on the same day as the booking), the Hotel & Brasserie Leopold will deduct the full amount, as stated in your confirmation, for your meal. This will be debited from the credit card you have supplied.
• No refunds will be given
• We courteously ask you to notify us as soon as possible about cancelling a table reservation
Check-in, guarantee and check-out
• The payment card must be produced upon check-in at the hotel along with support photo ID. Without this the hotel reserves the right to cancel the booking without further notice and refuse entry to the hotel
• You must provide a credit card on check in to guarantee any charges in addition to your room charge. If you cannot produce a credit card you must provide a 100 eur deposit in cash (which will be returned on checkout minus any deductions necessary)
• By providing your credit card you authorise the hotel to debit it to pay for any extras and/or damages, as determined by the hotel, even after your departure. This is confirmed by your signature at check in
• An identity card or passport will be required at check-in. The details will be kept for at least 12 months and may be disclosed or made available for inspection by any police officer or as otherwise required by applicable law in connection with the prevention or investigation of crime. The information above may be requested for each member of your party over the age of 16 and we reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out above
• By signing the police form at check-in you agree to these post check-out deductions to be taken from your credit card. These extras/damages charges include but are not exclusive to drinks taken from the minibar and not declared at checkout; charges for smoking in the room; burn marks on the carpets, curtains; other damages caused in the room or elsewhere in the hotel; removal by you or any of your party of hotel property without express written permission
• Check-in is from 1500. The hotel cannot guarantee that your room will be available before 1800
• Check-out must be made before 1200. If you stay in your room or leave any luggage in your room later than midday, we reserve the right to charge a further night’s stay at the best available daily rate and/or to pack and remove your belongings from the room. By signing the police form at check-in you agree to these post check-out deductions to be taken from your credit card
• You may leave your luggage at Reception for up to 12 hours. The hotel will do it’s best to protect and care for your luggage and contents. This is a FREE service. The hotel is not responsible for any loss or damage to your luggage or belongings. No valuables should be left in your luggage
• City taxes may be added to your bill at checkout
• A parking reservation exists once we have confirmed in writing to you that we are holding the space for you and have given you a specific price
• Please note our garage size is limited and we are unable to fit long or high vehicles in our garage boxes. Over-sized vehicles will be charged at a higher rate and may be refused entry. A booking is no guarantee that we can take your vehicle
• The maximum length is 4.93 metres – The maximum height is 1.97 metres. The maximum weight is 2000 kilos
• On handing your car key to the Valet Parking service you are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
• Car parking charges in the hotel’s private parking are from 25€ per period of 24 hours (midday to midday). A charge of 5€ per hour may be made for any vehicles left in the garage after midday. These charges may be changed to your credit card at any time without prior notice
• All cars are parked at the owner’s risk and are driven into and out of the garage exclusively by employees of the hotel. The hotel accepts no liability for any loss or damage to any vehicle, howsoever caused
• The hotel is not able to verify the condition of any vehicle prior to being parked
• All car keys must be left at Reception for the duration of your stay
• The hotel may withdraw or suspend its parking facilities at any time without notice and without penalty to the hotel
• You need to make sure that your insurance policy covers your vehicle for valet parking
The Leopold Hotel Brussels EU offers FREE WiFi to all our guests in the public areas and in the hotel rooms. This is entirely at our discretion and is subject to a fair use policy, which limits data usage to 10GB in any 24 hour period. The upload and download speed is normally between 5 and 50 mbps but this is influenced by the number of users, the distance for the AP and your device. We do not gurantee any speed or volume.
For customers organising meetings or events we strongly suggets that you opt for a private network (at a supplement)
We comply with all European legislation regarding privacy and do not use any data collected by our WiFi system for purposes other than controlling volume and efficiency. The following data may be collected by Cisco Meraki :
Mac address of your devices
Which AP your device is connected to and at what times
Generic information such as what application has been used eg Sharepoint, Office 365 etc
24th April 2018
‘We have developed this Statement to explain our practices regarding the personal information we collect from you or about you on this site or via our apps, websites, booking engine, through written or verbal communications with us, when you visit our property, or from other sources and booking sites.
By using any of our products or services you agree to this Statement, e.g. in the context of registering for any of our products or services, you agree to the collection and use of Personal Information as described in this Statement.
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a contest, or marketing program; information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information, as well as authentication information and other billing and account details associated with mobile billing; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring into our parking; reviews and opinions if they are identified or associated with you; groups with which you are associated for stays; information provided on membership and account applications; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you.
We may ask for details on joint travellers, including their names, and their ages, their meal preferences, allergies and other information. We may also collect information related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls and other communications such as in-app messages, chats and SMS
We may collect additional personal information during registration/check-in, including such information as may be required by local laws (your passport/identity card details and other information). We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas, as well as information related to your location while on our properties (via keycards and other technologies). We may also use closed-circuit television and other technologies that record sound or video for the protection of our staff, guests and visitors where permitted by law. In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, activities, child care services, equipment rental, and our Digital Key functionality.
If you plan an event with us, we collect meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, names of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name, annual budget, and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event in accordance with your preferences as permitted by law. If you visit us as part of an event, we may share personal information about you with the event planners, as permitted by law. If you are an event planner we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market event services to you as permitted by law.
If you choose to participate in social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. We may also allow you to enter into contests, which we may share with our connections on social media for votes, shared offers or other promotions.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including information from Agents such as Booking.com, Wholesalers like Welcome Beds and Tour Operators like TUI, payment card, and other partners, from your social media services consistent with your settings on such services; and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us. We use and share this information (and may append this information to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Statement.
We use your personal information in a number of ways, including to provide and personalize the services you request and expect from us, to ensure our mutual contract is concluded within applicable laws, to pass relevant data onto the relevant legal parties (Police Forms for example), to offer you the expected level of hospitality, conduct direct marketing and sales promotions and as set forth below in more detail:
We use your personal information to administer programs in which you participate, including providing you with access to your account information on and off line, to fulfil services that you have reserved.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning.
Where permitted we may use your personal information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, as well as other marketing messages in accordance with any communications preferences you have expressed. We use your information to provide in-stay messaging, account alerts, and reservation confirmations; to send you marketing messages; and to conduct surveys, prize draws, and other contests. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means (including on-property messaging, such as your in-room television). With your consent, we also use user-generated content (such as photos) from social media services to deliver display advertising or on our website and apps. We may also collect information from your payment card, which can be appended to personal information and used by us and our business partners to recognize what type of card you have, and/or the bank or network of the card, and present and/or send you targeted marketing messages based on your payment method and in accordance with your communication preferences.
We may use your personal information to improve our services and to ensure that our site, products, and services are of interest to you. We also use your personal information to provide you with the expected level of hospitality. This may include providing you with the ability to control your in-room technology through our website or apps on your personal devices.
We may aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of keeping information up to date and analytics. We also rely on information from third parties in order to provide better, more personalized service. For example, if you connect to our WiFi we may analyse data on a global level in order to prevent misuse of our fair use policy
We rely on third parties to provide some services and products on our behalf and may share your personal information with them as appropriate. Our service providers are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and may not otherwise use or share your personal information, except as may be required by law. However, our fraud detection service providers may use, but not share, your personal information for fraud detection purposes.
In addition, we may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Leopold Hotel Brussels EU, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites' terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
When you visit and interact with our websites and apps, we collect other information that does not directly identify you about your use of the site, such as a catalog of the site pages you visit, and the number of visits to our sites (“Other Information”). We use Other Information, as well as data received from third parties, to deliver your email, online (on our sites and other sites) and mobile advertisements.
We may use information we have collected and aggregated, or anonymized personal information received from third parties, to understand more about our users (for example, we may use aggregated information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code). This includes demographic data, such as date of birth, gender and marital status, inferred commercial interests, such as favourite products or hobbies, and other information we may collect from you or from third parties.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, such information may be disclosed for any purpose where permitted by law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Statement.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life, or sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal background, and any biometric data used for the purpose of unique identification. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs (for example, the provision of disability access, or dietary requirements).
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
We provide mobile apps that can be downloaded to your smartphone or mobile device. These apps have a variety of functionalities that enhance the customer experience. In addition to providing services, our apps may collect personal and Other Information that will be used in accordance with this Statement. For example, to book or change a reservation, you will be required to provide some personal information.
If you allow our mobile apps to access your location information on your device, our mobile apps may use your mobile device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology and other technology (such as wireless transmitters known as beacons) to provide you with information and offers based on the location of your device. Beacons allow us to collect information about your location within participating hotels by communicating with mobile devices that are in range. We may use this location information to enhance your on-property experience by delivering push notifications and other content to your mobile device, providing navigation assistance as you move around and sending you information and offers about products, services, or activities we believe may be of interest to you. You may prevent or limit collection of location information by changing the settings in the app, or by changing your device’s settings.
We will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We use secure, regularly changing passwords and secondary authentication methods where appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or payment card details unless you are booking a reservation or promotional package. Any payment card details passed to us will be treated in confidence, deleted and / or encrypted to provide security for you.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or delete personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We will destroy your personal information as early as practicable and in a way that the information may not be restored or reconstructed.
If printed on paper, the personal information will be destroyed in a secure manner, such as by cross-shredding or incinerating the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in electronic form, the personal information will be destroyed by technical means to ensure the information may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time.
If you have given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you in accordance with any preferences you have expressed, and with your consent where required, about our products and services or invite you to events via email, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app alerts, postal mail, our customer service call centre, and other means (including on-property messaging, such as your in-room television).
If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us. Opt-out requests can take up to ten business days to be effective.
To opt out of text messages, tell the hotel front desk that you do not want to receive text messages from the hotel or reply “STOP” to the message you received.
You may control whether our mobile apps send you push notifications by changing your notification settings on your mobile device. If we engage in sending you in-app messages, we will allow control for those in our apps’ settings.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our websites. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site, any of our products and services, and/or providing consent to the updated Statement following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.’